Friday, November 14, 2008

sneaking it in

So you have a finicky eater; you go above and beyond the call of duty to try to get them to eat. That's where I am at the moment but I have found that warming helps alot. Lastnight I gave Luke and delicious dinner of chicken, sweet potatoes, apples, liver and rice. As I watched him pick through the food I was astonished with the precision.

On our walk this morning I thought about outsmarting him and exactly how to go about it. I had cut the liver as small as it could be cut, mixed it until it all resembled liver; but he still was able to pick out the tiniest of pieces. I very often will warm the dogs food; I dont' think eating a bowl of cold food goes over too well sometimes. Although the girls don't care what the temperature of their food is.

This morning I warmed all the food. Tossed in a good portion of liver to all bowls with an extra handful for Luke. He ate almost all of his food, he started trying to pick but soon was eating it all. Warm is definitely the ticket.

No comments: