Monday, November 17, 2008

Liver again

Yesterday I tried to get more liver for Luke. As I said I just add a bit to his meal and he eats like a champ. They were all out of beef liver so I got some chicken liver. I have been asked to only cook liver when no one is home; bunch of whoosies. But as it was Sunday I was not waiting to feed Luke until today so being one to not want whining and complaining I took it outside.

We have a big bar area with the barbeque in it so I took out my big flat grill and plugged it in out there. It was hot; too hot to be cooking outside but I much prefer that than to listen to whining about the smell. So I cooked up the liver, and let it cool a bit before bringing it in. I quickly put it in the container and put a loose lid on it to cool completely before refrigerating.

I took several of the pieces of liver and mashed them up into Luke's breakfast which he hadn't eaten. We tried it again with the newly added liver. He ate a bit, chicken liver doesn't seem to do the trick that beef liver does. I'm going to have to find a good supplier of liver; organic liver if I can get it.

Chicken liver also has a different texture, mushy. The smell is not near as strong as beef; good for the humans but bad as far as Luke is concerned. He was hungry once again when dinner rolled around and some nice fresh raw beef did the trick.

No comments: