Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Organics

Organic food is all the rage these days. Both Organic famers and non organic farmers are talking about it. And like anything both sides have very strong opinions on the subject. Of course the non organic side is going to bring up every possible angle on why organic is not the way to go. But the way I look at it; if I can feed my family less chemicals in their food then that's the way I'm siding.

Same goes with my dogs; I try to buy as much organic food as possible. And we are very lucky to have a fabulous store which is carrying more and more organic food each day. I am probably at Trader Joe's almost everyday and with each visit I see a new organic version of a food they carry; this is great.

Who knows what the studies are going to find out about all these "safe chemicals" down the road. Who knows what damage they have already done to the ground and our environment in general. I know when I lived in Canada and had my own garden; we ate organic all the time. Whatever came out of my garden was completely organic. I even saved seeds so that I wouldn't have to buy chemically altered seeds to sow the following season.

Our dogs deserve organic as well and even if you don't cook for your dogs there are lots of organic dog foods that use high quality products in their versions.

Think about going organic; at least when you can.

No comments: