Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Partially cooked


















I've been on the hunt for liver again. Yesterday I went to the store where I got it last time and nothing. I don't frequent this store and went there strictly for Luke and they were actually out of liver; the delivery truck was 8 hours late. Luke has not been eating great with the absence of liver.

So lastnight I cooked up some ground turkey; they like this and it is a good and inexpensive protein source.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=125

I don't typically feed raw poultry but though I'd give partial cooking a try. Luke loves raw meat so I cooked the turkey only until it was a sort of pinky beige. Amazingly this was enough to entice him to eat his whole meal. When you don't thoroughly cook meat you must take much more care about how long you keep it and that it is well refridgerated.

But if this is all it takes; I'm all for it. Less time in the kitchen and a fatter boy. :)

No comments: