Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mishmosh

Yesterday was very busy so breakfast was a mixture of many things. Luke surprisingly ate very well and the girls of course ate great. I had to run out and get more meat, liver etc for them so it was an everything but the kitchen sink breakfast so to speak. There was leftover lentils, rice, ground turkey, granola, yogurt, apple, pumpkin and a couple of eggs thrown in.

I have been giving the dogs dog food occasionally so that they can be fed it if I have to go away for a day or two but I was out of that as well. Their breakfast was actually a very good one but because I was scrounging for items to give them; it makes me feel like it not as good as if I had planned it out. But after looking into their bowls before I offered up the Wednesday morning caserole to them I realized it was a pretty great meal.

Feeding dogs real food can seem like a huge undertaking; it's actually quite easy. Most dogs are willing to eat just about anything you offer them. And if you make sure that they are getting a good source of protein, veggies, fruit and a complete supplement then your off to the races.

I finally got my hands on more liver lastnight and bought 10 lbs. I got quite the stares at the store and the cashier just had to ask. That means today I'm going to be on the barbeque for a good while. Once it is all cooked I'll freeze most so that we have a nice supply to keep Luke happy for the Holidays.

No comments: