Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tri tip


Yep, tri tip for the hounds. When I moved here to California I had no idea what tri-tip was. I looked it up and found out how to cook it; we don't have tri-tip in Canada, or at least where I'm from. I've often been talking to people back home and asked them if they'd ever heard of it. No one has.

But since I've been here I've sure made my fair share of it and it had become a family and friend favorite. Now that we are not eating much beef it is a dog favorite. I got a great deal on it this week at Albertson's so the dogs have been enjoying. Friday morning I was in a huge hurry to so I cut up a half of a tri-tip and fork fed the dogs. Is this okay?????Just beef?????? Oh it's more than okay, believe me the dogs are really happy about it.

The important thing when feeding your dogs real food is the protein source. So if there is anything that they can eat on it's own, it is protein. Right now I need to feed the dogs and they are getting more tri-tip. But along with that will be sweet potatoes, snap peas, apple and probiotics..........................yum.

No comments: