Monday, April 27, 2009

Brussel sprouts


First let me say that I was not a fan of Brussel sprouts. I was made to eat the gaggish green balls as a child and I grew to hate the meer mention of their name. I also became quite talented and cutting them in halves and quarters and swallowing them down so as not to taste them. My daughters being vegetarians have been after me for years to try them again for the first time. Well lastnight was the night, my daughter cooked up a whole bag, and I agreed to at least taste them.

Yes to my surprise they were very good and they are amazingly good for you. So they will not only be on our plates more often; they dogs will be eating them. They had several chopped very small in their dinner lastnight and none were left, that's a good sign. They weren't nearly as horrible as I had remembered, nor were they as strong in flavor. They have sort of a strange taste to them, which I thought the dogs might object to but nope, they ate them all down.

They are very nutrious; check out the very old vegetable.........The Brussel sprout

No comments: