Friday, April 24, 2009

The muffin man (or woman)


















I am a baker; I use to bake for a weekly farmers market back home in Canada and was known as the "cookie lady." So it makes sense that my two passions come together right? As I lay in bed drinking my coffee I am contemplating making muffins for the dogs. Knowing the general ingredients that need to go into muffins to infact make them muffins; I also have to consider what they need in them to be dog friendly muffins. I made delicious people muffins a couple of weeks ago using fresh squeezed orange juice from our orange tree out back. Orange and chocolate chip, yum.

But for the dogs they need to be filled with protein; the idea of a muffin for the dogs was to be able to give them something quick if need be. Like when I'm off to the gym early in the moring or just for a midday snack. So I want protein, must have at least one egg, some sort of flour which will be whole wheat, maybe some applesauce in there as well. I think I'm going to go with beans for the protein and maybe cheese.

Well, I'll be experimenting for the next while with my muffins and will let you know what the taste testers decide.

No comments: