Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How about no?

Well Luke decided not to eat his dinner tonight. He ate his breakfast with the usual barrage of dancing and singing; it is no easy feat to get food into the boy. But tonight he wasn't having it; I could tell right away. He had to be coaxed into the kitchen and then stood at the back door staring away from his food bowl, great.

So what do you do if your dog simply won't eat? Cover the food and put it away for tomorrow morning, don't sweat it. I remember when my kids were little and occasionally they'd have an off day when they didn't want to eat; being the studious Mom that I was I told them they had to eat, wrong move. Moments after the last bite they returned their meal to me to clean up. I learned long ago not to force feed.

So tomorrow morning I'll be off to the grocers to find some liver.

No comments: