Monday, May 4, 2009

Really gotta wake up

Like many humans; some dogs do not like to eat as soon as they get up in the morning. I know all of my dogs; except Jessie of course have eatten better given the chance to fully wake up. I like to give them a snack so to speak as soon as they wake up in the morning but after that the time varies when they eat. If we are planning a big run then we run first and then eat after they have cooled off. If we are exercising later in the day then they typically eat around 8-8:30.

It is good for them not to go by the clock or you may have to deal with the "feed me, feed me," issues. My guys know that they eat when they eat; it's as simple as that. Often the schedule is around what their day will entail, more so than what my day will consist of I work around them.

This morning I planned on hitting the gym early but with horrendous allergies I didn't make it. That means the whole day has been pushed up. Our walk will be later and I might hit the gym later too, if my allergies cease a bit. Or perhaps it will be bath day for the poodles; they both need a trim so maybe it will be grooming day instead of the norm.

They've eaten early so that part is done, but because they ate early we now have to wait to exercise. You never want to risk bloat and stomach torsion.

No comments: