Saturday, January 31, 2009

Apricots

Below is an image of organic pearl tomatos, dried apricots and organic wheat grass. I have to admit that I have never enjoyed apricots myself but I am trying to learn to like a wider variety. It is the best way to get all of your daily requirements from eating a large variety of foods. So it is just as important to feed your dog a variety of foods.

So why dried apricots? Dried apricots are easier to store and a quick and easy snack. Fresh fruit is always best but not always easily found and easy to keep on hand always. Here are some apricot facts.

And although I am still not fond of the flavor I always pop a few while chopping them up for the dogs. And notably they are a good source of dietary fibre and potassium.

Not all apricots are equal; from research the California apricot is said to be the best in flavor.

No comments: