Friday, January 16, 2009

Stealing dog food

Okay, I'm going to fess up. I stole food from my dogs yesterday; I did, honestly. I was slow cooking 2 pots roasts all day; it smelled amazing. It was simply beef and spring water; nice and plain for the dogs. It was just for the dogs and we were going to have lentils; I swear that's what I had in mind.

I was cutting up the roast, what a wonderful aroma. Well one thing lead to another and I felt that I should taste it; you know just to make sure it was good. Well heck; it was delicious. How could beef and water taste so good. I thought and though, hmmmmmmmmm. There was lots; two full roasts. Decision made.

I shredded about 3 cups and tossed it into a frying pan, added some garlic, onion, ketchup, a tsp. of brown sugar, lemon juice and a pinch of flour to thick'n. It was delicious. I bought a whole wheat loaf of bread and presto, zapped some trader joe's cream corn and presto, dinner.

For the dogs, they had shredded beef, basmati, arugula, blueberries, pumpkin, probiotics and Tilley had her cranberry supplement. It smelled almost as good as mine and Luke loved it.

So there you have it; what's good enough for my dogs is good enough for me. I will do that again, what a time saver.

No comments: