Monday, November 2, 2009

Deals


The best way to score great deals on meat for your dogs is to frequent the grocers. On the weekend I headed over to Albertson's to get some meat for dinner; for the dogs. Once there I scored on beef roasts @ 1.77/lb; nice. I probably bought 9 and as usual I get a couple of looks going through the cash. I bought 9 packages of beef and 2 packages of chicken thighs at .99/lb; even nicer.

So get out there and shop; clip coupons and watch the flyers for deals.

Okay onto pumpkin; this is the best time of year to stock up on pumpkins. You can get them very cheap, cook them up and freeze. Today I cooked up a small one and I am freezing it into portion sizes. I place waxed paper on a plate and put spoonfuls of pumpkin spread out. Place it into the freezer and then once it's done, put them in a freezer bag or container. Way to pinch a penny. :)

No comments: