Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sole food


I'm cooking up sole for the dogs this morning. After doing some research about the fish it is a low fat high protein source. Although because it is a bottom feeder I feel that it should only be given every so often. I've never eaten it myself and from the sounds of it; if I caught one I would not be eating it. They produce copius quantities of slime over their body which makes them hard to grab and completely gross I would imagine.


I bought wild caught dover sole; taking it out of the package it was a little fishy smelling to me. That said I have a fishy smell radar so I might be exaggerating a tiny bit. The pieces were very thin and in fact I should run down and get them out of the oven now. Back in a second.


Okay; I took the sole out of the oven and put it on the counter to cool.




For a change it is good to add different protein sources to your dogs diet. This was inexpensive at 4.99/lb although much more than beef or chicken that I get. I have cooked up some sweet potatoe, will add spinach and cranberries and their appropriate supplements.


No comments: