Friday, September 18, 2009

Organs and cartilage

Sounds wonderful doesn't it? Mmmmmmmm; well today will be the first time I try out the cartilage thing. It is a natural source of glucosomine and is suppose to be very good for dogs. I have only ever given my dogs bones and so this is new. At a quick glance yesterday they look like bones but are white; I'll take them out of the freezer this morning and offer them up this afternoon. I'm thinking this will be like a trip to the dentist at least but will fill you in on how it turns out.

With the cartilage I also got a huge amount of organ blend again. The dogs really love it and it is good for them. It contains liver, kidney, spleen, cheeks and tongue yummy. I'll cook it up this morning stew style and freeze it in portion sizes. I love having made food in the freezer for those times when I don't feel like "cooking tonight."

Have a great weekend all.

2 comments:

Laureate said...

Yum Yum! How does the house smell when you cook all that organ meat? That could be a deal breaker for me. I do add cartilage when I make chicken soup for the dogs. I remove the knuckles and any other cartilage and add it to the soup when I debone.

Kim

Sherri said...

Let's just say there is alot of gagging going on if any other humans are home when I do it.