Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Feeding the hounds

Well we seem to be on a roll; of course I don't even want to say that because the minute I do, it'll all come to a screeching halt. The girls have been of course loving their food; they are such good eaters. And the longer I go with fussy pants the more I appreciate the girls. Having a dog that is as fussy as Luke sucks; that's the truth. It can become very trying as I go through meal after meal trying to find food that the boy likes and that is good for him. Luke's favorite things to eat are double quarter pounders from the McDs, whipped cream, butter (probably my fault on this one) and shortbread.

So with these foods as his favorites it is tough to find meat and veggies that he likes. He does like his Stella and Chewies but even that has been turned down on several occasions now. I bought a big box of organ meat for the dogs (what I don't do) and nearly gagged cooking it up for them. I made it into a stew and Luke does like that. It has cheeks, tongue, liver and kidney etc in it.........mmmmmmmmm sounds good doesn't it?

He does love his raw beef but he cannot live on that alone; and my poor forearms are taking a beating cutting up so much meat. But I will continue; I feel great feeding the variety of great foods to them and I know they are very healthy because of it. But that does not mean I'm not going to complain about Mr. Fussy pants.

No comments: