Friday, August 21, 2009

Good day

Yesterday was a good eating day and a day that is a good example of feeding different things. I have long heard from the average vet "don't feed anything but dog food." Well if that is how you feed your dog then you are in for a surprise when they happen to eat something other than their dogfood. You are going to have a dog with diarrhea and perhaps vomiting.

Yesterday morning my guys had dog food (Orijen) and cooked ground turkey with the dripping. They all ate like champions; even Luke..............yes I said Luke. Then in the evening they had raw beef trim mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I cut it into bite size pieces and out we go; I sit on the lounge outside and they sit infront of me, all very mannerly. I use a fork to feed them; I dish the pieces out from right to left Jessie, Tilley and Luke.

They are all very well behaved for this feeding and seem to enjoy the break from routine. I too enjoy the break; sitting in the backyard watching the sunset feeding the dogs is pretty nice.

No comments: