Friday, July 31, 2009

While ur away

I was a way for a week on vacation; this trip was the easiest so far in regards to food preparations. I have been giving the dogs a wide variety of foods; including raw, cooked, freeze dried raw and dog food. I have added dog food every so often so that when I go away the caregiver can use it without upsetting the dogs. Like I've said before the dog food I do use is Orijen; it is the only one I use right now.

My kids were taking care of the dogs and I wanted to make the feeding aspect really easy. So I had prepared several types of homemade food, chicken, beef, salmon and organ meats. I had several bags of Stella and Chewys for feeding throughout the day if Luke wasn't in the eating mood; it is a convenience I have grown to love. I also left a bag of Orijen. I left treats; organic peanut butter cookies and Liver biscottie (Luke's favorite). All feeding directions were written out and I had a wonderful worry free trip.

If you have always been told to only give your dog one type of dog food, no treats, no people food, nothing else other than their food then toss this info. Toss it out the window or into the garbage where it belongs. There are foods that dogs should not eat and the more simple the better. But feeding a variety helps you and your dogs. If your dog is accustom to eating different things then they will not become upset by newly added foods; it also makes your life more simple giving you more options to feed your pooch.

No comments: