Thursday, July 2, 2009

More on variety


I thought I would discuss variety again as I'm sure that many of you are asking yourself "what kind of variety?" So this morning was a good example of variety and trials of feeding a pack of dogs. As I have said before; Jessie will eat anything, Tilley almost anything and Luke nearly nothing. I was a bit short of fresh raw turkey so Luke got most of it. Tilley and Jessie had a tiny bit of turkey, sardines and cottage cheese.

The veggies were zucchini and green pepper plus I added probiotics and then each dogs individual supplements. Pictured above is just the protein source. Dogs can have a problem with lactose so when you do feed it don't go overboard. I threw 3 sardines into Tilley's food and one into Jessie's. Luke will not touch sardines, no way no how; there is no sneaking with Luke. I buy the sardines at trader joe's and get the ones in water or olive oil.

Mmmmmm, doesn't it just look scrumptious? Sardines have to be one of the most disgusting things I feed the dogs.