Friday, March 6, 2009

Camouflage





Hiding the goods, sometimes that's what ya gotta do. As a Mom I did this often with my children, hide the veggies. If they don't see it; then they don't know they're eating it and that means they won't complain. Well just like with my kids I don't want to see the complaining and complaining about food comes in many forms. The first is "I'm not even trying it." This one bugs me the most; how do you know you don't like it if you won't even try it?

Ah, so I hide stuff, I hide it under and in amongst the good stuff. For Luke smell is everything, the second I walk in the door with raw meat he is all over me. So yesterday while I was out and about I decided to get him a double quarter pounder, yes that is what you see above (hmmm, wonder who took that bite?). He loves them and they are very fattening so he get's them once in a while. With the quality of food that my dogs eat I am not at all concerned with feeding a good ole burger every so often, especially to Luke.

The girls get a piece, the size of piece so that they know it's there but the calories are saved for Luke. I remove the top bun but he gets the bottom one that is soaked in grease. If he get's it as a lunch snack then they just eat it like it is. But lastnight I mixed it in their dinner. Oh they know what it is and even Luke is standing in the kitchen waiting. They also had apricots, banana, oatmeal, chicken and probiotics.

Luke got 3/4 of the double and even at that I need to do my magician routine. We have the burger, cut it up, put in the bowl with the other items and then stir until it looks like it is only burger. Or at least so that it's what he thinks he's eating. And believe me, Luke can pick up a mouthful of food, eat what he wants and spit out the one item he does not want. He is really amazing to watch, but it get's old really fast.

No comments: