Friday, March 20, 2009

Big score

Good morning everyone, I scored bigtime at the grocery store yesterday. After getting weird looks from the cashier as I went through with lbs. of hamburger I got home to some very happy dogs. Luke loves when he can smell raw beef. I do not typically give raw hamburger, but it really depends on how fresh it is and where I got it, yesterday it needed to be cooked. It was dated for yesterday which is fine if you are going to cook it right up, which is what I did.

Two giant pots of hamburger and two pans of chicken thighs. Today I have to get some rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes and veggies to mix up their meals for several days. It is some work but believe me over the weekend I'll be really happy that I did it. When I do premake food it is usually a base, sometimes more complete than other times. If I feel that they could use something else then I just toss it in.

This morning I had three hungry faces glued to me as I ate my toast in bed. I don't usually eat toast in the morning; Jessie and I are trying to shed a few extra pounds. But this morning it was toast and believe me that is one thing that will get Mr. Luke out of bed, toast with butter, yum.

No comments: