Friday, February 20, 2009

Raw day

Yesterday was a raw day; just raw beef for breakfast and raw beef, whole wheat pasta, green pepper and craberries for dinner. Luke loves these days but I cannot always have raw on hand. If you are going to feed raw it must be fresh; so on the way home from the gym I stopped into the grocer to stock up. It always causes a stir in the store as I go through the cash. Piles and piles of fresh beef and chicken and a small pack of yogurt (for me).

I've been putting organic goat yogurt in the dogs food lately as well as a probiotic supplement. Everyone is doing great on it; no problems. So back to the raw; the dogs had it yesterday and they will have a morning meal of it today. The rest will be cooked, prepared and packaged away in the freezer.

If you take the time and prepare several meals ahead it really makes feeding the dogs this way easy. Just like when I make a big stew for us, it ends up being dinner and leftovers the next day. And in my books leftovers just simply means less work for Mom, that's me!

No comments: