Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lentils for dogs















I made a delicious pot of lentils, quinoa and dumplings lastnight. It was all very healthy except for the dumplings; but hey I am of Scottish heritage and LOVE dumplings. So that said the dogs had some lentils as well, they get the veggies, the broth, the quinoa and some of the spices but not the onion or the dumplings (those babies are mine alone.)

They actually enjoyed them and I am eating my lentil leftovers as I type, delicious. My dogs also love other types of beans like; pinto, black and especially chick or garbonzo beans.

This is a great article on Vegan dogs. It is full of great info on what dogs can eat.

You can prepare beans from scratch but I buy either canned or packaged. The lentils we eat most of the time are from Trader Joe's and ready to put into a pot. They are delicious and a great source of protein and fibre for both dogs and us.

No comments: