Sunday, January 3, 2010

Enough to gag over

There seems to be one thing that bothers my otherwise iron stomach; I can clean up, cook up and work with just about anything without gagging. So when I say something just about makes me gag; it's bad, bad for me that is. I wanted the dogs to have a really great dinner tonight so with their ground beef, green beans, pumpkin, smidge of oatmeal and green pepper I opted for Sardines. Yes I've discussed sardines before; told you how wonderful they are, and they are. They are amazingly good for our dogs and I would imagine us as well.

It happens when the can is only partially open; it doesn't even need to be open the whole way. I could gag; I have to say I have yet to actually gag but I'm sure if I let my mind run away with the whole "sardines" thing I could easily. The entire time I am trying to pull those disgusting little whole body fish out of the can without getting it on me I'm yacking about how gross it is. It doesn't matter if there is anyone around other than the dogs to hear about it either.

Sardines are a very good source of protein and omega fatty acids. So they are indeed good for our dogs and a good value for your money as well. It just so happens that I'm not a big fish lover so these little smelly whole body guys in a can gross me out completely. But; I will do anything for my dogs, even open cans of sardines.......................

1 comment:

VeeGee said...

You wanna gag, try handling and smelling tripe.