Friday, January 8, 2010

Civilized dogs





I thought this morning that I would discuss feeding raw a bit with you. Often when I feed raw I skip the whole "bowl" thing completely and utilize this highly valued food as a training time. I demand that everyone acts civilized and mannerly. There is no arguing or fighting over food. Not too long ago I was at a breeders house when food was being handed out or I should say tossed out. It was basically a free for all and a very dangerous situation. All the dogs were allowed to jump, grab and slam into the breeder; there was no rule once so ever. She was throwing food around and whoever caught it; it was theirs.

So I took some photos this morning of my three practicing our manners. All three dogs must sit; and of course we eat with a fork ;) Each dog waits until the food is coming to them and if there is any confusion about who's turn it is I make sure to use names. So there you have it; a pack of very civilized beasts (not including me of course).

No comments: