Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wow; it's been a while

Wow; I have been busy. How has a month and a half gone by so quickly; well let's just say that I have alot of my plate ;)

The dogs have had a huge variety of food lately. This morning was sardines............mmmmmmmmmmmmm you know how I feel about those slimy suckers. And then tonight they had Rock Cod which I'd never even heard of. I found it at the bottom of the big freezer when I was looking for some ribs I'd lost. It sure smelled good and they seemed to like it; even Mr. Fussy pants. I added a bit of Quinoa, some chopped arugula, egg shell, flaxseed oil and some crushed peas.

Now if that's not a good dinner; I don't know what is. I've been cooking up a storm lately; so I'll have alot of food out in front of me, nice. The dogs have also been eating quite a bit of raw; tomorrow will be the missing bones I found in the freezer today.

Don't be afraid to experiment as far as your dogs likes and dislikes; you'll never know if you don't try. ;)

1 comment:

the teacher's pets said...

Wow, Sherri, I've missed out by not clicking on your other blog's family picture for far too long because I've missed out on some more valuable information! I never thought of giving our coonhound, Daisy, some egg shells or sardines or guiona! I wonder if you have a cookbook? You ought to put a link inside your other blog to send more people to this one. Or have a Facebook Fan Page b/c your food info is seriously the most interested and the most simple and entertaining I've seen yet...I am no expert at obtaining traffic (I've only been doing this for a few months) but I learned a lot from reading other blogs for traffic ideas. I posted a blog called "A Full Plate For Daisy" and I just wrote it on a whim, not expecting a big response and *voila* I was praised for telling readers that pumpkin is a simple way to prevent anal gland issues....so I think your diet info will be a bigger hit and I'll be sure to mention you in my blog.
April